All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionTedious Journeys: Autoethgraphy by Women of Color in Academe lends voice to the experiences of women of color in predominantly White institutions. Its purpose is to create dialogue and develop support networks for faculty members who may have similar experiences, and to increase institutions' awareness of how faculty of color experience life within the academy, which can then lead to increasing their attraction and retention. This book will be useful in education classes that deal with diversity and administration in higher education.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Cynthia Cole Robinson is Associate Professor of Education at Purdue University Calumet where she also serves as Chair of the Elementary Education Program. She received her Ph.D. in curriculum and instruction from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She is the author of From the Classroom to the Corner: Female Dropouts' Reflections on Their School Years (Lang, 2007). Her areas of interest include social justice, urban education and race, class, and gender studies. Pauline Clardy is Assistant Professor of Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Illinois State University, where she also serves as Coordinator of the Bilingual Education Program. She earned a Ph.D. in curriculum design, an M.Ed. in instructional leadership, and a B.A. from the University of Illinois. Her research interests include qualitative studies that focus on the education of linguistic and cultural minorities. She has presented her work nationally and internationally.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication04/02/2010
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number375
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byCynthia Cole Robinson,Pauline Clardy
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.