All listings for this product
About this product
- Description2008. Reza Malek lives in Harlem, relieved to be far from the turmoil of Iraq and Afghanistan where he worked as a reporter and sometime lover for a superstar journalist who has long since moved on. After a terse phone call from his childhood friend, Sina Vafa, Reza returns to Tehran. Once there, he finds more than he bargained for: the city on the edge of revolution; his friend embroiled with murderous Shiite militants. His missing mother, who was alleged to have run off before the revolution, is alive and well; while his own life is in danger.
- Author BiographySalar Abdoh was born in Iran, and splits his time between Tehran and New York City, where he is codirector of the Creative Writing MFA Program at the City College of New York. He is the author of The Poet Game and Opium. His essays and short stories have appeared in various publications, including the New York Times, BOMB, Callaloo, Guernica, and on the BBC. He is the recipient of the NYFA Prize and the National Endowment for the Arts award. He is the editor of Tehran Noir and the author of Tehran at Twilight, his latest novel.
- Author(s)Salar Abdoh
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight266 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $30.97
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $12.05
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.11
- AU $56.56Trending at AU $60.86
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.