All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionTel-Aviv, the First Century brings together a broad range of disciplinary approaches and cutting-edge research to trace the development and paradoxes of Tel-Aviv as an urban center and a national symbol. Through the lenses of history, literature, urban planning, gender studies, architecture, art, and other fields, these essays reveal the place of Tel-Aviv in the life and imagination of its diverse inhabitants. The careful and insightful tracing of the development of the city's urban landscape, the relationship of its varied architecture to its competing social cultures, and its evolving place in Israel's literary imagination come together to offer a vivid and complex picture of Tel-Aviv as a microcosm of Israeli life and a vibrant modern global city.
- Author BiographyMaoz Azaryahu is Professor of Cultural Geography at the University of Haifa and author of Tel Aviv: Mythography of a City. S. Ilan Troen is Stoll Family Professor of Israel Studies and Director of the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleAn Israel Studies Book
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note45 b&w illus.
- Weight613 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMaoz Azaryahu,S. Ilan Troen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.