Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe Telefax Trilogy reaches a climax with Telefax Acclaimed. A collision of forces that has been gathering throughout the first two books bursts out. While some openly worship machinery and others flee from it, society becomes both more dependent on machine aid even as the strains of the society become evident and everything begins to break down. How can the innumerable and complex contradictions depicted throughout these books be resolved? While lives and traditions are destroyed, there is a struggle to make sense of the chaos from varying perspectives. Is there a place in the galaxy for the outcast Samerac? Can civilization survive without machines? Where can this lead?
- Author BiographyToni Seger has been a professional writer for over 40 years. Her many interests are evident in her fiction, theater, film work and other writing. Toni Seger has been a professional writer more than 40 years. Her many interests are evident in her novels, plays, film work and other writing. Her plays receive raves whenever they're performed and have been staged in Portland, Maine, New York City, London and cable television. For the last decade, Seger has been a multi-media artist recording professional interpretations of poetry by Timothy Victor Richardson and interpreted by Jeff Flint as well as producing films on DVD inspired by Richardson's work. An award winning film maker, her film 'The Force of Poetry', is a reading and lecture on the meaning, mechanics and significance of poetry. In its endorsement, Maine Public Broadcasting wrote: The effect is to inject life and heartbeat into what is often thought of as an inert, hard-to-read art form, and the result is educational and entertaining. A former art dealer and proponent of the arts in all forms, Seger is the founder of the Western Maine Cultural Alliance using her extensive background in cultural marketing to open opportunities for artists in the rural scenic landscape she loves. Telefax Acclaimed' is the third in a series of three novels satirizing the pros and cons of our modern mechanized world. People's numerical identification defines their capability, gene pools determine career placement, research laboratories offer the most prestigious professions and with ubiquitous spy technology, privacy is virtually non-existent. The consequences of creating a modern Frankenstein in the first book, The Telefax Box, come to a climax in Telefax Acclaimed, the last book of The Telefax Trilogy.
- Author(s)Toni Seger
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.