All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis title will provide an up-to-date review of the emerging practice of neurology telemedicine. Increasingly, neurology, like other disciplines of medicine, is implementing the techlogical advances and discoveries of the science of healthcare delivery to improve t only access and efficiency but outcomes and cost as well. For patients in remote and underserved areas, having a neurological condition means lengthy and costly travel to obtain specialist evaluation. Telemedicine has the ability to deliver such care to a patient's local community. Neurology telemedicine for acute stroke has already demonstrated clinical efficacy and cost effectiveness by raising the numbers of thrombolysis-eligible patients who can be treated in a timely fashion. More than 85% of leading US neurology departments currently use or plan to implement telemedicine within the next year. The US military has a limited number of neurologists - a store-and-forward consultation system has enabled military neurologists to deliver far-forward battlefield care for service members deployed overseas. The chapters in this book will review the use of telemedicine for the evaluation and treatment of patients with many common neurological conditions and will provide a practical guide for neurologists seeking to incorporate telemedicine into their daily practices.
- Author BiographyJack W. Tsao, MD, DPhil Department of Neurology Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, MD USA Bart M. Demaerschalk, MD Department of Neurology Mayo Clinic Hospital Phoenix, AZ USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication11/06/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 17 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight512 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byBart M. Demaerschalk,Jack W. Tsao
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.