All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
About this product
- DescriptionGrowing up in a small mining town in New South Wales, Australia, during World War II, Beverley Keegan knew that she wanted to become a nurse. Her adventures began when she traveled on an overnight train to the big city of Sydney to commence her nursing training. Once she became a nurse, her working life continued for more than fifty years in various locations in Australia, New Guinea, and the Red Centre around Alice Springs. Television, Bedpans, and Me tells the true story of the many adventures she encountered as she traveled around Australia during her nursing career. Her story follows the amazing growth of medicine from basic nursing in the fifties to the electronic age of today. At the same time, the advent of television followed her as she moved from state to state and from Sydney to the Australian Outback. This memoir shares the journey taken by one woman, including humorous tales, pathos, and ordinary family occurrences that colour all of our lives, while tracing the development of the miracles of modern medicine. In Television, Bedpans, and Me, Keegan lovingly recounts her experiences as a registered nurse and recalls the people she has nursed and worked with for over half a century.
- Author(s)Beverley Keegan
- Date of Publication03/07/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.