All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionSince the beginning of network television, many shows have been preceded by an opening anuncement or a theme song that served various purposes. In Television Introductions: Narrated TV Program Openings, Vincent Terrace has assembled openings for more than 900 television shows of the past seven decades. The only documented history of narrated television program introductions, this volume is arranged by various types of programming, such as comedies, dramas, westerns, game shows, soap operas, and children's shows. In addition to quoting the opening material, entries include information about each show's network history, years of broadcast, and show type. Many entries also include descriptions of the show, the names of anuncers, and a list of main cast members. A comprehensive resource for researchers and pop culture aficionados alike, Television Introductions provides a fascinating look at this neglected part of TV history.
- Author BiographyVincent Terrace is the TV Historian for BPOLIN Productions, LLC. He is the author of 36 books on television and radio history, including The Encyclopedia of Television Subjects, Themes and Settings (2011), Encyclopedia of Television Pilots, 1937-2012 (2013), The Television Specials, 1936-2012 (2013), and The Encyclopedia of Television Programs, 1925-2012 (2013).
- Author(s)Vincent Terrace
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight1007 g
- Width185 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.