All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTelevision Studies provides an overview of the origins, central ideas, and intellectual traditions of television studies. The book charts the establishment of the field, and examines its various approaches and objects of study. What have been the primary areas of inquiry in television studies? Why and how did these areas develop? How have scholars studied them? How are they developing? What have been television studies key works? The book answers these questions, by tracing the history of the field right up to present and emerging scholarship. For all those wondering how to study television, or even why to study television, Television Studies will provide a clear and engaging overview of key topics. The book works as a stand-alone introduction and by placing key works in a broader context it can also provide an excellent basis for an entire course.
- Author BiographyJonathan Gray is Professor of Media and Cultural Studies at University of Wisconsin, Madison. Amanda Lotz is Associate Professor of Communication Studies at University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Amanda D. Lotz,Jonathan Gray
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitlePolity Short Introductions
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight298 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.23
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.