All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a part of a two part series: Tell It Well, To Do and To Teach as Jesus did focuses on the first seven chapters of Acts and Tell It Well, The Ripple Effect Continues focuses on chapters eight through twelve. The two studies can stand alone, but you will gain more by doing both. Why the first twelve chapters of Acts? Luke sought to teach to the lovers of God what JESUS came TO DO and TO TEACH. We will observe the ripple effect of Jesus' short three-year ministry through the life of Peter. Peter is the Apostle one might least expect to be the role model we are given to follow. His impetuous and impulsive behavior caused him to receive rebuke on more than one occasion. Yet, every time we read the names of the early church leaders, Peter's name is always listed first. Obviously, Peter's walk represented Christ well eugh that the LORD gave us twelve whole chapters to examine how he walked the walk and talked the talk after Christ's ascension. Our goal is to read the Biblical passage eugh times that we will be comfortable eugh to tell it to ather. Not just tell it, but to tell it well. This is essential to our authentic walk with Christ. The only Bible we own is the one we kw! We will read the passages in the New International Version (NIV), King James Version (KJV), Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), Amplified (AMP), and The Message (MSG). Please keep in mind that any translation beyond the original Greek text is a paraphrase of the original text. We will study each translation to enjoy the differing nuances, as scholars seek to communicate the Word of God. Our goal is to enjoy the heart of each translation t to tear it down. Consider each translation as the scholars attempt to tell it well based on their chosen communication style. Essentially, Tell It Well provides a excuse Bible study because all of the material is in the workbook.
- Author BiographyTara is the President and Founder of Cultivating Hearts Ministry. She serves her church-Westside Church and her community through weekly Bible teaching at the Open Door Mission and on the radio at KCRO 660 AM. She and Greg celebrate 19 years of marriage with two delightful teens who keep them on their toes. Her greatest joy is to share a simple truth with someone from the Bible and see life transformation take place. Her volunteer work at the ODM reminds her of the importance of servant leadership and the joy of telling well. Tara has a Masters of Religious Education from Southwestern Theological Seminary and is available for speaking engagements. Feel free to contact her at www.tararye.com.
- Author(s)Tara Rye
- Date of Publication28/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.