All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this revised edition, Paul Ekman, a rewned expert in emotions research and nverbal communication, adds a new chapter to present his latest research on his groundbreaking inquiry into lying and the methods for uncovering lies. Ekman has figured out the most important behavioral clues to deceit; he has developed a one-hour self-instructional program that trains people to observe and understand micro expressions ; and he has done research that identifies the facial expressions that show whether someone is likely to become violent. ?Telling Lies?describes how lies vary in form and how they can differ from other types of misinformation that can reveal untruths. It discusses how a person's body language, voice, and facial expressions can give away a lie but still fool professional lie hunters-even judges, police officers, drug enforcement agents, and Secret Service agents.
- Author BiographyPaul Ekman, director of Paul Ekman Group, is the author of Emotions Revealed, Emotional Awareness (coauthored with the Dalai Lama), and twelve other books. The FOX series Lie to Me is based on his research. A professor emeritus at the University of California, San Francisco, he lives in the Bay area.
- Author(s)Paul Ekman
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication27/02/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight320 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $68.72Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.