Telling Time/L'Eloge de l'Heure - 1550-2015: Six Centurues of Timekeeping by Chantal Prod'Hom (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $71.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionAn outstanding tribute to the timepiece, Telling Time explores the history of watches and clocks from 1550 to the present. With playful, poetic, and always ingenious examples, the book investigates how the display of time has evolved. Focusing on unusual formats and highlighting watchmakers inventiveness and artistry, the book provides a look inside the minds of a diverse range of designers and visual artists, in dialogue with the brands that have elevated the watch from accessory to art. From conceptual designs to luxury treasures, Telling Time draws on collections from Cartier, Hermes, Longines, Piaget, Apple, Seiko, Samsung, and many, many more to illustrate how far the timepiece has come and where it might be headed.
- Author BiographyChantal Prod Hom is director of MUDAC, Musee de design et d arts appliques contemporains, Lausanne. Fabienne Xaviere Sturm is honorary curator of the Geneva Museum of Watchmaking and Enameling.
- Author(s)Chantal Prod'Hom
- PublisherFive Continents Editions
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintFive Continents Editions
- Weight1220 g
- Width214 mm
- Height265 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.