Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
About this product
- DescriptionMany of the truths that matter most are brief but powerful. You can read the book itself in an hour or two, but the lessons it contains - largely drawn from Jewish sources thousands of years old - can bless and enrich your life for as long as you live. In addition, practicing the activities described inside will also make you a happier person. What more could one want from a book? <ul><li>Learn how to declare a Complaining Fast <li>Realize that sometimes having things to worry about is a blessing, t a curse <li>Discover why Judaism does t always mandate that we forgive people who hurt us <li>And much more... </ul> Albert Einstein is reputed to have said, Everything should be made as simple as possible, but t simpler. In TELUSHKINISMS: WISDOM TO THE POINT, Joseph Telushkin supplies concrete suggestions of activities that can be immediately incorporated into your life.
- Author BiographyJoseph Telushkin, named by Talk magazine as one of the 50 best speakers in the United States, is the author of Jewish Literacy: The Most Important Things to Know About the Jewish Religion, Its People and Its History, the most widely selling book on Judaism of the past two decades. In 2006, Bell Tower/Crown published the first volume of his monumental work, A Code of Jewish Ethics: You Shall be Holy, a comprehensive presentation of Jewish teachings on personal character and integrity. Richard Joel, president of Yeshiva University, called the book, a gift to humankind, and Rabbi David Wolpe hailed it as a remarkable guide to goodness. In 2007, A Code of Jewish Ethics won the National Jewish Book Award and Volume 2 of the Code, subtitled, Love Your Neighbor as Yourself was published in 2009 to great acclaim. In September, 2010, Telushkin published Hillel: If Not Now, When? A biography of the great talmudic sage. Telushkin is currently writing a study of the life and impact of the Lubavitcher Rebbe. Rabbi Telushkin was ordained at Yeshiva University in New York, and pursued graduate studies in Jewish history at Columbia University. He resides in New York City with his wife, Dvorah Menashe Telushkin, and they have four children. Telushkin lectures throughout the United States, serves as a Senior Associate of CLAL, and on the Board of Directors of the Jewish Book Council.
- Author(s)Rabbi Joseph Telushkin
- PublisherSinai Live Books
- Date of Publication29/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSinai Live Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight64 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.