CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume in the Greenwood Guides to Biomes of the World series covers the vast forest that cover much of North America and similar regions. The volume covers the three major types of temperate forest biomes: boreal forests (e.g. the evergreen forests of the Pacific Northwest), Temperate Broadleaf Deciduous Forest, and Mediterranean Woodland and Scrub, examining all aspects that define these biomes: * Vegetation * Geographical Distribution * Soil * Challenges posed by the environment * Adaptation of the plants and animals to the environment * Conservation efforts, maps, photos, diagrams, drawings, and tables accompany the text, as do sidebars that highlight habitats, species, and ecological relationships The volume includes a bibliography of accessible resources for further research.
- Author BiographyBernd H. Kuennecke is Professor and Chair of the Department of Geography at Radford University, as well as the Director of the RU GIS Center. His undergraduate work was done at the Universitat Regensburg, Germany, followed by graduate work at the University of Oregon with a thesis on agricultural irrigation in Oregon. His Ph.D. in geography was completed at the Universitat Regensburg. He has been a teaching faculty at Radford University, Virginia, since 1977.
- Author(s)Bernd H. Kuennecke
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleGreenwood Guides to Biomes of the World
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight612 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.