All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionWhile tropical rainforests have received much conservation attention and support for their protection, temperate and boreal rainforests have been largely overlooked. Yet these ecosystems are also unique, supporting rainforest communities, rich in plants and wildlife and containing some of the most massive trees on Earth. Temperate and Boreal Rainforests of the World brings together leading international scientists to describe the ecology and conservation of these lesser-kwn rainforests in an attempt to place them on par with tropical rainforests in conservation efforts. The book: summarises major scientific findings; presents new computer models that were used to standardise rainforest definitions; identifies regions previously t widely recognised as rainforest; provides the latest estimates on rainforest extent and degree of protection; and explores conservation strategies. The book ends with a summary of the key ecological findings and outlines an ambitious vision of how we can conserve and manage the planet's remaining temperate and boreal rainforests in a truly ecological way that is better for nature, the climate, and ultimately our own welfare. Temperate and Boreal Rainforests of the World is a call to action for an accord to protect the world's rainforests. It offers a global vision rooted in ecological science but written in common language useful for governments, decision makers, and conservation groups concerned about the plight of these remarkable forests.
- Author BiographyDominick A. DellaSala is chief scientist and president of the National Center for Conservation Science and Policy in Ashland, Oregon, and president of the North American section of the Society for Conservation Biology.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication22/12/2010
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, maps, colour plates
- Weight726 g
- Width180 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDominick A. DellaSala
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.