Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTemperature is one facet in the mosaic of physical and biotic factors that describes the niche of an animal. Ofthe physical factors it is ecologically the most important. for it is a factor that is all-pervasive and one that. in most environments. lacks spatial or temporal constancy. Evolution has produced a wide variety of adaptive strategies and tactics to exploit or deal with this variable environmental factor. The ease with which temperature can be measured. and controlled experimentally. together with its widespread influence on the affairs of animals. has understandably led to a large. dispersed literature. In spite of this recent book provides a comprehensive treatment of the biology of animals in relation to temperature. Our intention in writing this book was to fill that gap. We hope we have provided a modern statement with a critical synthesis of this diverse field. which will be suitable and stimulating for both advanced undergraduate and post- graduate students of biology. This book is emphatically t intended as a mographical review. as thermal biology is such a diverse. developed discipline that it could t be encompassed within the confines of a book of this size.
- Author(s)Andrew R. Cossins
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight539 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.