Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.77Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionMyogeus temporomandibular disorders (or masticatory myalgia) are characterized by pain and dysfunction that arise from pathologic and functional processes in the masticatory muscles. Associations between certain malocclusions and TMD were found in some studies, whereas the majority failed to identify significant and clinically important associations. TMD could t be correlated to any specific type of malocclusion, and there was support for the belief that orthodontic treatment may cause TMD. Goals of treatment of masticatory myalgia include reducing or eliminating pain, restoring rmal jaw function, reducing the need for future health care, and restoring rmal lifestyle functioning. The short-term strategy is to restore the muscle to rmal length, posture, and full joint range of motion with exercises. The long-term strategy includes reducing the symptoms through muscle rehabilitation while helping the patient to reduce contributing factors, muscle tension and strain, and return to rmal function without the need for future health care. This book explains each aspect of TMD in orthodontics.
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDentistry & Dental Nursing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.