All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionWith a wealth of papers in its pages, this book examines that fundamental of human philosophy, the relationship between human beings and time. Having the human subject -- the creator -- at its center, literature is essentially engaged in temporality whether that of the mind or of the world of life through the creative process of writing, stage directing, or the reader's and viewer's reception. This text examines, among others, the work of Proust and Kafka.
- Author BiographyThe Theme / Literature and Temporality Acknowledgments Editor's Introduction: A.-T. Tymieniecka / Timing Our Life SECTION I A. Ashvo-Munoz / A Temporal Chora A. Omrani / Literature and the Sense of the Past R. Gray / A Moment in Timelessness : Ben Okri's Astonishing the Gods T.E. Afejuku / A Mode of Recollection in African Autobiography M.-Q. Ma / In an Instant of Time : The Imagist Perception and the Phenomenology of the Upsurge of the Present in Exra Pound's Cantos W.S. Smith / Ascent Patters in the Early Poetry of Tennyson SECTION II J.S. Smith / Ontology and Epistemology of Time in the Stage Play: Revisiting Roman Ingarden's The Literary Work of Art and The Cognition of the Literary Work of Art V. Kocay / Temporal Sequence and Permanence in Neiges by Saint-John Perse I. Okhamafe / Non-Teleological Temporality in Philosophy and Literature: Camus, Achebe, Emerson, Ellison, Hurston, and Nietzsche P. Mroz / The Conflicting World-Views of the Traditional and the Modernist Novel T. Despotovic / Towards the Infinite Memory M. Dion / Between the Dialectics of Time-Memory and the Dialectics of Duration-Moment: Marcel Roust and Virginia Woolf in Dialogue SECTION III R.M. Painter / Temporal Rearrangement of the Moral Cosmos: Alice Munro's Fiction V.G. Rivas / On the Distinction of Tragedy and Bathos through the Perusal of Henfry James' The Beast in the Jungle W. O'Brien / Telling Time: Literature, Temporality and Trauma J. Kim-Reuter / Transcendence Unbound: Existence and Temporality in Montaigne's Essays A. Zacharz / Translation Lost, Translation Regained - On Temporality, or on Being L. Kimmel / Notes on Poetics of Time J. Handerek / Camus, Time and Literature SECTION IV M. Durante / The Deepening of the Present Throughout Representation as the Temporal Condition of a Creative Process V. Reed and M. Statkiewicz / My Dear Time's Waste : The Experience of Time and Creation in Proust D. Doyle / Indexicalities of Image Text and Time J. Collins / Achieving a Human Time: What We Can Learn from Faulkner's Benjy L. Livesay / Kafka's The Metamorphosis: Gregor's Da-Sein Paralyzed by Debt R.J. Wilson III / Time in Post-Modern Fiction: Time's Arrow, the French Lieutenant's Woman, and The Alexandria Quartet INDEXES OF NAMES
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleAnalecta Husserliana
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 86
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight830 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnna-Teresa Tymieniecka
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.