Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $177.67Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.99+ AU $15.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by pjbez
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most complete and current guide to temporary structures in design and construction With significant revisions, updates, and new chapters, Temporary Structures in Construction, Third Edition presents authoritative information on professional practice, codes, standards, design, erection, maintenance, and failures of temporary support and access structures used in construction. New developments and advancingtechlogies are discussed throughout the book, and new chapters on construction and environmental loads, cranes, and lessons learned from temporary structure failures have been added. Improve the quality, safety, speed, and financial success of construction projects with help from this practical resource. Inside, 26 expert contributors cover: Professional and business practices Standards, codes, and regulations Construction and environmental loads Construction site safety Legal aspects Cofferdams Earth-retaining structures Diaphragm/slurry walls Construction dewatering Underground/tunneling supports Underpinning Roadway decking Construction ramps, runways, and platforms Scaffolding Shoring/falsework Concrete formwork Bracing and guying for stability Bridge falsework Temporary structures in repair and restoration Cranes Protection of site, adjacent areas, and utilities Failure of temporary structures in construction
- Author BiographyRobert Ratay, Ph.D., P.E., is a structural engineer in private practice in New York with more than 40 years of design, construction, and teaching experience, and an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University. His current practice and teaching are focused on the investigation and litigation support of structural and construction failures. Dr. Ratay has been an expert consultant/witness for engineers, contractors, owners, attorneys, and insurance companies in the investigation and litigation support of nearly 100 cases of temporary structure and other construction failures. Earlier in his career he had worked with such prominent engineering firms as Le Messurier Associates, Severud Associates, and HNTB, and had been Professor and Chairman of the Civil Engineering Department, then Dean of the School of Engineering at Pratt Institute, and a Professor at Polytechnic University (formerly Brooklyn Polytech). Dr. Ratay has lectured extensively at conferences and seminars and published in U.S. and international journals on temporary structures in construction. He is the Editor-in-Chief of two other books: Structural Condition Assessment and Forensic Structural Engineering Handbook, Second Edition, published in 2005 and 2010, respectively. Dr. Ratay has served on and chaired several technical committees, was a member of the advisory committee of the Federal Highway Administration to tighten regulations for temporary structures, and is the originator and chairman of the SEI/ASCE 37, Design Loads on Structures during Construction Standard Committee. In 2003, he was named by Engineering News-Record as one of the Top Newsmakers 2003 who made a mark in the construction industry; in 2011 he was named by Structural Engineer magazine as one of the Power List of ten individuals who bring progress and passion to the structural engineering field. Dr. Ratay is a Life Member and Fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), and a Fellow of the International Association of Bridge and Structural Engineering (IABSE).
- Author(s)Robert T. Ratay
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.