All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife on Planet Earth is t weirder than we imagine. It's weirder than we are capable of imagining. And we're all in it together: humans, blue whales, rats, birds of paradise, ridiculous numbers of beetles, molluscs the size of a bus, the sexual gladiators of slugs, bdelloid rotifers who haven't had sex for millions of years and creatures called water bears: you can boil them, freeze them and fire them off into space without killing them. We're all part of the animal kingdom, appearing in what Darwin called endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful . In this breathtakingly audacious book, Simon Barnes has brought us all together, seeking t what separates us but what unites us. He takes us white-water rafting through the entire animal kingdom in a book that brings in deep layers of arcane kwledge, the works of Darwin and James Joyce, Barnes's own don't-try-this-at-home adventures in the wild, David Attenborough and Sherlock Holmes. Ten Million Aliens opens your eyes to the real marvels of the planet we live on.
- Author BiographySIMON BARNES is a multi-award-winning sports and nature writer who has written for the Times for over 30 years. He is also a novelist, horseman and the author of more than 20 books, including the bestselling How to be a Bad Birdwatcher and The Meaning of Sport (Short Books). He lives in Suffolk with his family and other animals.
- Author(s)Simon Barnes
- PublisherShort Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/10/2014
- SubjectNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShort Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine40 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.