All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors share a decade's worth of insights from working with over 3,000 at-risk youth in prisons, detention centers and alternative high schools. With great finesse and considerable levity to keep things in perspective, they lead us through poignant real-life stories that may curl your toes and tie them into kts to provide the reader with real-world guidance for today's troubled and out of control youth. Get ready for straight talk in this book of hope for parents, grandparents, teachers, school counselors, probation officers, correctional officers and all those who care for youth and are concerned for a generation of youth who just don't seem to listen as well as those who are headed for serious drug and alcohol addictions, early sex with all its risks including teen pregnancy, STDs or rape, and teens getting sucked into gangbanging, sexting, sextortion, or crime.
- Author BiographyJEANNETTE HOLTHAM-Author of Taking Restorative Justice to Schools: A Doorway to Discipline and co-author of Ten Surefire Ways to Transform Troubled Youth. Ms. Holtham is the president and founder of Youth Transformation Center and a recognized leader in Colorado's restorative justice movement. She has been instrumental in driving milestone legislation to make restorative justice more predominant in the judicial, corrections and school systems. She has directly worked with more than 3,000 high-risk youth in alternative schools, detention centers and prisons throughout Colorado, Texas, Wyoming, and the country of Malta. In 2003 she received the Excellence in Communication Award from Regis University having graduated summa cum laude with a BA in communications and was a recent nominee for the Pikes Peak Restorative Justice Leadership Award. ANDRE ZARB-COUSIN-Born on the island of Malta, Mr. Zarb-Cousin went on to hold all the soccer scoring records for more than 30 years from his alma mater Colorado College where he is a nominee for the Colorado College Soccer Hall of Fame. Known for his go for the gold attitude, Andre spent 11 years coaching award-winning high school soccer teams. Not surprisingly, both his son and daughter are now nationally known coaches, a college track and cross country coach at the Air Force Academy and a figure skating coach, respectively. With a BA in business administration from Colorado College and more than 30 years as an accountant executive primarily with Hewlett Packard, Andre now prefers the training room where he can inspire youth to move away from risky behaviors and reach for their BIG dreams. Mr. Zarb-Cousin recently co-authored the book Ten Surefire Ways to Transform Troubled Youth with Jeannette Holtham.
- Author(s)Jeannette Renee Holtham
- Date of Publication19/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.