All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionAbout to turn thirty, Alice is the youngest of three daughters, and the black sheep of her family. Drawn to traveling in far-flung and often dangerous countries, she has never enjoyed the closeness with her father that her two older sisters have and has eschewed their more conventional career paths. She has left behind a failed relationship in London with the man she thought she might marry and is late to hear the news that her father is dying. She returns to the family home only just in time to say good-bye. Daniel is called many things tramp, bum, lost. He hasn't had a roof over his head for almost thirty years, but he once had a steady job and a passionate love affair with a woman he s never forgotten. To him, the city of London has come to be like home in a way that bricks and mortar dwelling ever was. He makes sculptures out of the objects he finds on his walks throughout the city bits of string and scraps of paper, a child s hair tie, and a lost earring and experiences synesthesia, a neurological condition which causes him to see words and individual letters of the alphabet as colors. But as he approaches his sixties his health is faltering, and he is kept alive by the kwledge of one thing that he has a daughter somewhere in the world whom he has never been able to find. A searching and inventive debut, <i>Ten Things I ve Learnt About Love</i> is a story about finding love in unexpected places, about rootlessness and homecoming, and the power of the ties that bind. It anunces Sarah Butler as a major new talent for telling stories that are heart-wrenching, page-turning, and unforgettable.
- Author Biography<b>Sarah Butler</b> is in her early thirties and lives in London. She runs Urban Words, a consultancy which develops literature and arts projects that explore and question our relationship to place. <i>Ten Things I've Learnt About Love</i> is her first novel and will be published in twelve languages around the world.
- Author(s)Sarah Butler
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight313 g
- Width123 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.