Ten Things New Teachers Need to Succeed by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.35+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionWhat are ten things that help new teachers get off to a good start? How can educators excel in this complex, demanding, and ultimately rewarding profession? These answers, along with high impact strategies, can be found in this must-have resource. Filled with words of wisdom, practical advice, and action steps to achieve success in those critical first years, this powerful little booklet distills the teaching and consulting experience of an international author and teacher of teachers. It includes: - high-impact strategies for vice and veteran practitioners - how-to for communicating with parents - techniques for planning for the unexpected - a unique format for teacher teams to discuss one chapter a month - action steps to achieve success in the crucial first years This handy guide is a quick reference tool on everything from writing rubrics to communicating with parents to planning for the unexpected. Teams of new and experienced teachers can grow together by discussing and applying a chapter a month over a year.
- Author BiographyRobin Fogarty is President of RFA: A Robin Fogarty Company, a Chicago-based, minority-owned, educational publishing/consulting company. Robin received her doctorate in curriculum and human resource development from Loyola University of Chicago. A leading proponent of the thoughtful classroom, Robin has trained educators throughout the world in curriculum, instruction and assessment strategies. She has taught at all levels, from kindergarten to college, served as an administrator, and consulted with state departments and ministries of education in the United States, Puerto Rico, Russia, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Great Britain, Singapore, South Korea, the Netherlands, the Kingdom of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Robin has published articles in Educational Leadership, Phi Delta Kappan, The Journal of Staff Development and The Middle School Lournal. She is the author of numerous publications, including Brain-Compatible Classrooms, Literacy Matters, Ten Things New Teachers Need, How to Integrate the Curricula, The Adult Learner, A Look at Transfer, Close the Achievement Gap, Twelve Brain Principles, Nine Best Practices, and From Staff Room to Classroom: Planning and Coaching Professional Learning, How to Teach Thinking Skills Within the Common Core: 7 Key Student Proficiencies of the New National Standards, Invite! Excite! Ignite! 13 Principles for Teaching, Learning and Leading K-12 classrooms Robin received her Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education at SUNY, Potsdam, NY, and her Masters in Instructional Strategies from National Louis University in Evanston, IL. She is known as the teachers' teacher and has mentored numerous colleagues in the art and science of working with the adult learner. She brings a wealth of knowledge and passion to all endeavors, has a wealth of knowledge in the field and conducts highly interactive PD sessions.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/08/2007
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byRobin Fogarty
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.