Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.13Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
About this product
- DescriptionThe stories in this remarkable debut collection explore the relationships we have with ourselves as well as those we have with others, and what we think about when we think we are alone. In the title story, a hospital bed-bound convalescent begins a mologue to his unconscious roommate that grows stranger when he realizes he has crossed paths with the other man before. The nameless narrator of Homage to Swega Tagabodu describes the rituals by which he ensures that the airplane he is on will land safely. In Reginald Used the Subjunctive Today, the worn-down Father O'Mallon struggles to protect and educate wayward boys in a post-apocalyptic, post-grammatical world. In Contact, a tour guide and tour director speak the same language, but do t understand each other at all.
- Author BiographyStanford Pritchard has worked for The New York Review of Books and The New York Free Press, and is a Rockefeller Fellowship recipient. He is a playwright, was nominated for the Pushcart Prize, and his stories and essays have been published in Kenyon Review, Wisconsin Review, New England Review, Tango News, International Philosophical Quarterly, and elsewhere. He lives in Middlebury, Vermont, and New York City.
- Author(s)Stanford Pritchard
- PublisherBeaufort Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeaufort Books
- Weight416 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.