All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionBased on original research and vel concepts, this book investigates the nature and use of termilogy from linguistic and applied viewpoints. Throughout, problems with termilogy, such as overuse by teachers and cases of synymy and polysemy, are considered and solutions are offered. Part One looks firstly at some basic concepts, then draws important distinctions between pedagogic and scientific termilogy, and between transparent, opaque and iconic terms, before examining the historical, lexical and grammatical nature of terms. Part Two attempts to estimate the value and relevance of termilogy in language teaching and describes the use and kwledge of termilogy in various language-teaching-related constituencies: learners, teachers, textbooks, grammars and research. It concludes with a discussion of the criteria for evaluating terms and an analysis of terms used in ELT.
- Author BiographyRoger Berry has been involved in English language teaching as a teacher, writer, teacher-trainer and lecturer for over thirty years. He has published and edited numerous articles and several books on English Grammar, language teaching, terminology and language awareness. He has taught in many parts of the world; currently he is at Lingnan University in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Roger Berry
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number93
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables
- Weight400 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.