All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionTerror by Consent is an analysis of social contract theory as it is applied to problems in the modern world, including poverty, terrorism, ideological warfare, and political cynicism. The initial chapters of this book summarize and critique major social contract theories, including those of Hobbes, Locke, Rousseau, Kant and Rawls. Subsequent chapters address modern political issues such as governmental legitimacy, allocation of scarce resources, ideological crises, and the rise of terrorism.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Lori J. Underwood is Associate Professor of Philosophy at Christopher Newport University in Virginia. She earned her Ph.D. in philosophy from the University of Missouri, Columbia.
- Author(s)Lori J. Underwood
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight210 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.