Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionA doctor chases then assaults an elderly woman after she cuts in front on his BMW; a teenager shoots ather driver because the driver 'looked at him with disrespect'; one man kills ather because 'he was driving too slow'. These a few of the many examples of extreme road rage documented by Paul Eberle in this shocking look at the havoc caused by angry people in their cars. He makes it clear that young and old, men and women, and all socioecomic classes are involved in this epidemic of rage and violence on our highways. In 1998, the California Highway Patrol recorded 209 incidents of Assault with a Deadly Weapon in which a car was the weapon used. And in the same year, the media reported more than 4000 stories on road rage nationwide. And the problem is getting worse. The author lists the warning signs of potential road-rage drivers, suggests ways to avoid such dangerous individuals, discusses the psychology of the car as a 'holy icon' and the effects of traffic congestion on 'mad car disease', expresses scepticism about psychologists specialising in aggressive driving, and proposes ways to reinvent our cities to make them less stressful, dangerous places. Complete with graphic pictures showing the dire consequences of driving while enraged, this book should be mandatory reading in all driver education classes.
- Author BiographyPaul Eberle (Woodland Hills, CA), a journalist and former talk-show host, is the author, with Shirley Eberle, of The Abuse of Innocence: The McMartin Preschool Trial.
- Author(s)Paul Eberle
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication30/06/2006
- SubjectDriving & The Highway Code
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteb/w photos
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.