All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique book serves as both text and practical reference for all personnel involved in avionics and weapons system evaluation and testing, in the air and on the ground. Whether you are training pilots and personnel or actually planning to test systems, this book will provide you with the fundamentals and practical information you need to get the job done. The book is a compilation of experiences and methods from over 25 years in the business and interaction with Test Pilots and Test Engineers over the last 15 years as an Instructor/Director at the National Test Pilot School in Mojave, California. The book was also reviewed by a dozen voluntary experts from the military and industry to ensure all critical components are covered properly. Their comments and suggestions were integrated into the text toward the goal of creating this invaluable textbook and companion to the fighter or heavy aircraft test team, matter their geographical location. Lessons learned, good and bad, are addressed in each chapter so readers can avoid the pitfalls common to test and evaluation of these systems. Exercises at the end of each chapter provide instructors with the ability to reinforce critical concepts and all the war stories in the book are true.
- Author BiographyRobert McShea is the Director of Avionics and Systems Academic Programs at the National Test Pilot School, Mojave, California and is responsible for all aspects of instruction in aviation and weapons systems. He was formerly employed as a Senior Technical Specialist at the Northrop-Grumman Corporation in Palmdale, California. His primary responsibilities included the integration, development and test requirements definition for the B2 RADAR. Prior to that assignment, he was employed by the Grumman Corporation in Calverton, Long Island as a Group Manager for Avionics and Weapons Systems Test, Test and Evaluation Department. His responsibilities included the development and test of new and upgraded avionics and weapons systems. Past positions within Grumman include: Project Engineer, F14D Super Tomcat, Lead Test Conductor and Team Leader, F14D upgrade, Research Engineer, Inertially Guided Technology Demonstrator, and Lead Vehicle Systems Test Engineer, X29A Forward Swept Wing Technology Demonstrator. Mr. McShea was a Captain in the US Air Force flying as a Weapons Systems Officer in the F4 C/D/E aircraft.
- Author(s)Robert E. McShea
- PublisherSciTech Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2010
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Series TitleElectromagnetics and Radar
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSciTech Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1588 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.