All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionBruce Meyer s forte is to delve into the interconnectedness of our relationship with the physical and the spiritual. He is a poet channeling the music and suffering of the human experience and, beyond that, the spiral of cultivation and destruction that sustains and endangers humankind. His poems are daring and artistically defying, composed with gravitas, powerful mindfulness, and reverence. His voice is mutable, each stanza like a window onto a multidimensionality that opens itself to both complexity and clarity. Testing the Elements touches on themes such as bullying, growing up, maturity, age, love, and nature; it is poetry that is memorable and speaks to the human spirit about what it means to live and endure in the world.
- Author BiographyBruce Meyer has authored 37 books of poetry, short fiction, nonfiction, literary journalism, and pedagogy. The Golden Thread: A Reader s Journey Through the Great Books was a national bestseller, and his broadcasts on the Great Books and Poetry Is Life and Vice Versa with Michael Enright remain the CBC s bestselling spoken word CD series. He is professor of English at Georgian College in Barrie where he teaches in the Laurentian University BA Program, and at Victoria College in the University of Toronto. He is the inaugural Poet Laureate of the City of Barrie. He lives in Barrie, Ontario.
- Author(s)Bruce Meyer
- PublisherExile Editions
- Date of Publication30/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationToronto, ON
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintExile Editions
- Weight159 g
- Width124 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.