All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classroom resource provides clear, concise scientific information in an understandable and enjoyable way about water and aquatic life. Spanning the hydrologic cycle from rain to watersheds, aquifers to springs, rivers to estuaries, ample illustrations promote understanding of important concepts and clarify major ideas. Aquatic science is covered comprehensively, with relevant principles of chemistry, physics, geology, geography, ecology, and biology included throughout the text. Emphasizing water sustainability and conservation, the book tells us what we can do personally to conserve for the future and presents job and volunteer opportunities in the hope that some students will pursue careers in aquatic science. Texas Aquatic Science, originally developed as part of a multi-faceted education project for middle and high school students, can also be used at the college level for n-science majors, in the home-school environment, and by anyone who educates kids about nature and water.
- Author BiographyRudolph A. Rosen is a professor at The Meadows Center for Water and the Environment at Texas State University. He is author of Money for the Cause: A Complete Guide to Event Fundraising (Texas A&M University Press, 2012).
- Author(s)Rudolph A. Rosen
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleRiver Books
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.