All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.47Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.61Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionTextiles for Sportswear is an important book that systematically covers key trends in design and materials, the use of vel and smart fabrics, and a range of specific applications. The book begins by surveying the principles of textile applications in sport, including design, materials, and production techlogy. The uses of smart textiles in sportswear are then examined, from intelligent materials to wearable techlogy. Final sections of the text explore comfort in sportswear, sportswear for protection, and recent advances in sportswear techlogy that are currently being applied to particular sports.
- Author BiographyProfessor Roshan Shishoo is Director of Shishoo Consulting, Sweden, and former Director of the Swedish Institute for Polymers and Fibres (IFP). A Honorary Fellow of the Textile Institute, he has over 40 years' experience in textile research and development, and is an active member of many scientific organisations and committees.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/05/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRoshan Shishoo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.