All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe twenty-two papers in this collection represent various cognitively-oriented approaches to the study of literary and persuasive texts. Their authors include both linguists and literary scholars, united by their interest in exploring the mental processes accompanying the creative production of meanings. Some of the papers, grouped into two broad sections - Cognitive approaches to literary thought and Aspects of cognitive rhetoric - offer new theoretical insights, and others focus on more specific aspects of verbal creativity, zooming in on concrete vels, poems, speeches and media texts. The variety of research interests and points of departure, of the subjects and materials chosen for analysis, but also of the employed methods of research shows that the developing field of cognitive poetics/rhetoric is able to accommodate a multitude of perspectives.
- Author BiographyAlina Kwiatkowska is Professor at the University of Lodz, head of the Department of Semantics and Linguistic Semiotics. Both her PhD dissertation and her Habilitation thesis were cognitively oriented, exploring issues on the borderline of linguistics, literature studies and cognitive psychology. During her term as President of the Polish chapter of the Cognitive Linguistics Association, she organized a number of international conferences, including notably the 2010 conference on Cognitive Poetics and Rhetoric. Her current research interests include cognitive poetics, linguistic and visual semiotics, and especially the various aspects of the visual-verbal interface. She teaches courses on semantics, stylistics, and semiotics, cognitive linguistics, and media language.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication23/12/2011
- Series TitleLodz Studies in Language
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight540 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlina Kwiatkowska
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.