All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo Thailand: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of Thailand's attractions with this up-to-date, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. You'll discover the best hotels, restaurants, trendy places and night life hotspots, plus shopping tips, suggestions for those on a tight budget, tips for travel with kids and ideas for sports and many other activities. Also contains the Perfect Route, Festivals & Events, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more and a comprehensive index. Thailand is a land full of secrets, unfamiliar but at the same time alluring. It is a land full of the joys of life, a land of smiles, a land between tradition and modernity. Trekking, diving, cooking courses, meditation and shopping fun: Buddha's blessing seems ever-present. MARCO POLO Thailand immerses you in a realm made for holidaymakers. It has you exploring the boomtown of Bangkok and discovering a culture rooted in Buddhism; it entices you to the top of Thailand's highest mountain and leads you across the broad plateau of the rtheast. The Insider Tips tell you on which southern islands you can still find peaceful bays and where you can learn to ride an elephant. You'll find out What's Hot in Thailand, whether decadently sweet desserts or the action-packed ball game of Sepak Takraw. The Perfect Route takes you to the mountains of the rth, island hopping in the Andaman Sea and to the largest area of virgin jungle in Southern Thailand. The Where to Start boxes help you get your bearings in the larger towns and cities, while the Dos & Don'ts tell you why you should neither get involved with touts r involved in an argument. MARCO POLO Thailand provides comprehensive coverage of the country. To help you get around there's a detailed road atlas inside, a useful folding street map of Bangkok in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map. A must-have for all travellers, including those who haven't bought a travel guide in the past.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight249 g
- Width109 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Sheet map
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.