All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionFor when you really have to get your point across... *Expanded and Revised: Including new chapters on leadership, Obama's oratorical mastery, the pitfalls of apologies--and an Argument Lab section to put your new skills to the test.* Thank You for Arguing is your master class in the art of persuasion, taught by professors ranging from Bart Simpson to Winston Churchill. The time-tested secrets this book discloses include Cicero's three-step strategy for moving an audience to action--as well as Honest Abe's Shameless Trick of lowering an audience's expectations by pretending to be unpolished. But it's also replete with contemporary techniques such as politicians' use of code language to appeal to specific groups and an eye-opening assortment of popular-culture dodges--including The Yoda Technique, The Belushi Paradigm, and The Eddie Haskell Ploy. Whether you're an inveterate lover of language books or just want to win a lot more anger-free arguments on the page, at the podium, or over a beer, Thank You for Arguing is for you. Written by one of today's most popular language mavens, it's warm, witty, erudite, and truly enlightening. It t only teaches you how to recognize a paralipsis and a chiasmus when you hear them, but also how to wield such handy and persuasive weapons the next time you really, really want to get your own way.
- Author BiographyJAY HEINRICHS spent 25 years as a journalist and publishing executive before becoming a fulltime advocate for the lost art of rhetoric. Since then he's taught persuasion to Fortune 500 companies, Ivy League universities, NASA, and the Pentagon. He is also the author of Word Hero: A Fiendishly Clever Guide to Crafting the Lines that Get Laughs, Go Viral, and Live Forever.
- Author(s)Jay Heinrichs
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight449 g
- Width156 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.