Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.76+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY EATER.COM</b> From one of America's finest food writers, the former restaurant critic for <i>The New York Times, </i>comes a definitive, timeless guide to Thanksgiving dinner--preparing it, surviving it, and pulling it off in style. From the planning of the meal to the washing of the last plate, Thanksgiving poses more--and more vexing--problems for the home cook than any other holiday. In this smartly written, beautifully illustrated, recipe-filled book, Sam Sifton, the <i>Times</i>'s resident Thanksgiving expert, delivers a message of great comfort and solace: There is need for fear. You can cook a great meal on Thanksgiving. You can have a great time. With simple, fool-proof recipes for classic Thanksgiving staples, as well as new takes on old standbys, this book will show you that the fourth Thursday of November does t have to be a day of kitchen stress and family drama, of dry stuffing and sad, cratered pies. You can make a better turkey than anyone has ever served you in your life, and you can serve it with gravy that is t lumpy or bland but a salty balm, rich in flavor, that transforms all it touches. Here are recipes for exciting side dishes and robust pies and festive cocktails, instructions for setting the table and setting the mood, as well as cooking techniques and menu ideas that will serve you all year long, whenever you are throwing a big party. Written for vice and experienced cooks alike, <i>Thanksgiving: How to Cook It Well</i> is your guide to making Thanksgiving the best holiday of the year. It is t fantasy. If you prepare, it will happen. And this book will show you how. <b>Advance praise for <i>Thanksgiving</i></b><b><i></i></b> If you don't have <i>Thanksgiving, </i> you are t really having Thanksgiving. This book is as essential to the day as the turkey itself. It's an expert, gently opinionated guide to everything from the cranberry sauce to the table setting to the divvying up of the leftovers, but it's also a paean to the holiday and an evocation of both its past and its promising future. Sam Sifton's Thanksgiving world is the one I want to live in. --Gabrielle Hamilton, bestselling author of <i>Blood, Bones, & Butter</i> The charm of Sam Sifton's <i>Thanksgiving</i> is that he proposes that home cooks treat this culinary Olympics like any other dinner party--don't panic, deconstruct your tasks into bite-size pieces, and conquer that fear of failure. Sam could talk a fledgling doctor through his first open-heart surgery. It's all here--from brining to spatchcocking, sides to desserts--and served up with a generous dollop of reassuring advice from one of America's most table food writers. --Christopher Kimball, editor of <i>Cook's Illustrated</i> and host of <i>America's Test Kitchen</i>
- Author Biography<b>Sam Sifton</b> is the national editor of <i>The New York Times, </i> the newspaper's former restaurant critic and a food columnist for the Sunday<i> Times Magazine</i>. Before coming to the<i> Times, </i> where he has also worked as the culture editor and the editor of the Dining section, he worked as a newspaper reporter and editor, a teacher in the New York City public schools, a first mate on a century-old schooner, and a prep cook. Sifton lives in Brooklyn with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)Sam Sifton
- PublisherRandom House
- Date of Publication23/10/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sarah Rutherford
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.34
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.