All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionA rollicking vel of the game and the world of international hockey competition by the well-kwn journalist/velist who traveled with Team Canada for many years. When the Canadian Olympic Hockey Team dies in a plane crash, two sports bureaucrats assemble a ragtag team of friends from their old team in Winnipeg s Northwest High, players who by chance or by choice decided t to pursue a hockey career. Team Nobody has just six weeks to get in shape for international play, and it is a rough ride all the way. Scott Young is one of Canada s best-beloved authors, and a prize-winning sports columnist/author of over 30 books.
- Author BiographyBorn in Glenboro, Manitoba, Scott Young started in the newspaper business as a night copy boy for the Winnipeg Free Press. He moved on to become a sportswriter and, later, a war correspondent. After serving with the Royal Canadian Navy in Europe during the Second World War, he went to work for Macleans. By 1948 he had achieved enough success as a writer of short stories to become a full-time freelancer, publishing in major U.S., Canadian and European magazines and anthologies. In 1957, Young resumed newspaper writing, covering news and sports for the Globe and Mail and acting as sports editor for the Toronto Telegram (1969-71). In 1980, he returned to full-time work on his own writing projects.
- Author(s)Scott Young
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Date of Publication17/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.