CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThat Rabbit! is the biography of a jet black male rabbit owned as a pet by the author and her young daughter during the sixties era in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Frisky had command of a large cottage style garden within a high brick wall. His many illicit adventures laid bare his mischievous nature and impudent spirit stimulated by his total inquisitiveness in all about him. The majority of daily events in Frisky's life transgressed into a melodrama of iniquity. He was immensely popular with children and the locals, who frequently liaised a rendezvous with him when visiting the shops nearby our home. A surprising and charming conclusion marks the final chapter in his life story.
- Author BiographyBarbara Jean Day is an only child born in Epsom, Surrey. Her main habitat is Leeds, Yorkshire where her father managed three hospitals as Hospital Secretary and through WWII. Educated at Roundhay High School and then public boarding school in St. Helens and then evacuated to Viscount Herefords' Country Estate in Brecon, Wales.As an adult, she became a wildlife artist painting fox, badger, otters, hedgehogs, wild birds, flowers and seascapes. She became a member of Scarborough Art Society when resident there and later painted for exhibitions. Creative hobbies in Scarborough included writing short stories based upon personal experience. She also started song writing, one being Wait For Me which she sent to soldiers fighting in the Iraqi war for which she received a letter of thanks from Field Marshall, Sir Peter de la Billiere. The Gateway to Europe was an anthem she wrote for Hull when it was a prospering port for which she won a certificate of merit for trade and tourism.
- Author(s)Barbara Jean Day
- PublisherMelrose Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMelrose Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight137 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.