All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the health documentary That Sugar Film, writer and director Damon Gameau enlists the help of Stephen Fry, Hugh Jackman and leading scientists around the world to shine a light on the terrible effects of sugar. In a Supersize Me-style experiment, he changes his diet to include 40 teaspoons of sugar a day for 60 days - the average daily sugar intake in Australia - and monitors the effect on his body. But here is the catch - he cant eat chocolate, sweets, ice cream or cake; the sugar must come from 'healthy' foods. In this illustrated That Sugar Book, Damon explains how sugar damages our bodies and our minds, and how easy it is to consume sugar without even kwing it. Revealing the astonishing amounts of sugar hidden in supposedly healthy foods on supermarket shelves - such as low-fat yoghurt, muesli and children's fruit snacks - Damon makes us realise the damage we unkwingly do to ourselves and our families when we make poor food choices, and shows us how to make it right. With an up-close account of Damon's sugar experiment, and sugar-free recipes to help you wean off the white stuff, That Sugar Book is a startling wake-up call to those of us who have never questioned what's really in our food.
- Author BiographyDamon Gameau is an award-winning actor and 2011 Tropfest winner, as well as a passionate advocate for good health and a warrior against the food industry that is making us fat and sick. He is the writer and director of That Sugar Film.
- Author(s)Damon Gameau
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight828 g
- Width181 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.