Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.10Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.35Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the award-winning author of Babyji comes an utterly seductive tale of an aging writer whose involvement with a young woman forces him to face the eternal question of love. Prem Rustum, a famous but reclusive Indian author, has spent most of his life consumed with writing. Feeling the weight of his seventy-five years, he resolves to put down his pen and live a little. He ventures online where he finds Maya, an aspiring young velist who has boldly posted her admiration for Prem's work. Captivated by her charm, Prem decides on impulse to join her in the City of Light. During the summer that follows, Maya brings Prem into direct confrontation with his mortality and desires through the awakening of new longings and the rekindling of old ones. Written with sureness of style and tempo, That Summer in Paris reflects on how art informs love, and love, literature.
- Author BiographyBorn in New Delhi, India, Abha Dawesar has written two other novels. Her most recent novel, Babyji, won the 2006 American Library Association'sStonewall Book Award. She is also a winner of an NYFA Fiction Fellowship.
- Author(s)Abha Dawesar
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight263 g
- Width135 mm
- Height202 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.