All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionSergeant Nick Caulfield, an aging yet idealistic police officer, patrols the resort town of Yarmouth Beach. Carrying the memory and psychological trauma of having seen his partner murdered in Philadelphia several years ago, Caulfield copes by devoting himself to his work and by tirelessly watching over the young officers entrusted to his command. Each shift, he and his team hit the streets to handle a wide variety of assignments, many of which are exciting and dangerous. When a young girl goes missing and her body is discovered days later, Caulfield embarks on an odyssey to determine what happened to her and who is responsible. Along the way, he meets and falls for Donna Sauver, a summer resident, estranged from her husband and struggling with the choices she has made in life. The relationship between Caulfield and Sauver grows as the investigation unfolds. Assisting Caulfield in the murder case is Detective Cheryl D'Agosti, a tough but intuitive investigator. Together, Caulfield and D'Agosti solve the murder and close the case in climactic fashion, after which Caulfield returns to his reason for being - patrol and the mentorship of the next generation of police officers. That Which We Are is based on the real-life experiences of the author during his 30-year career. Using characters melded from combinations of real people and a mythical resort town as the backdrop, That Which We Are exhibits a realistic portrayal of life on the beat for patrol officers, the challenges they face, and the dedication to duty that drives them each day.
- Author BiographyMartin Malloy is a 30-year veteran of police work and has spent most of his career on patrol. He and his wife, Rosemary, and their yellow Labrador Savannah make their home in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. Martin teaches history, humanities, criminal justice, and communications courses at three local colleges.
- Author(s)Martin Malloy
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight286 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.