All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his best-selling debut, China Cuckoo, Mark Kitto described how he 'lost a fortune and found a life in China'. In That's China, the thrilling prequel, he tells the story of how he made that fortune. To the Chinese Communist Party, media is state owned propaganda. No individuals, let alone foreigners, will ever have a stake in it For seven roller coaster years, Mark Kitto outwitted powerful competitors and jealous partners to build the most profitable and popular English language publishing business in China since 1949. No foreigner in modern times has come so close to the heart of the Chinese propaganda machine on his own terms. Not even Rupert. Told with Kitto's trademark self-deprecating humour and potentially unsettling honesty, That's China is a rare thing, a business saga that will have you on the edge of your seat all the way to the final showdown; in the highest law court in China.
- Author BiographySome people cannot lead a straightforward life. Expelled from school, thrown out of university, accommodated by the British Army, Mark Kitto finally found his vocation in China where he created a unique publishing empire. Unfortunately he was thrown out of that too, by his Communist Party partners. For eight years, Mark lived peacefully on a Chinese mountain in a village built by missionaries in the early nineteenth century. This experience was the basis for Mark's best-selling first book, China Cuckoo, published in 2009. Mark and his family now live in Norfolk.
- Author(s)Mark Kitto
- PublisherMake-Do Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.