All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile the Occupy movement faces many strategic and organizational challenges, one of its major accomplishments has been to draw global attention to the massive disparity of income, wealth and privilege held by 1% of the population in nations across the world. In The 1% and the Rest of Us, Tim Di Muzio explores what it means to be part of a socio-ecomic order presided over by the super-rich and their political servants. Incorporating provocative and original arguments about philanthropy, social wealth and the political role of the super-rich, Di Muzio reveals how the 1% are creating a world unto themselves in which the accumulation of ever more money is really a symbolic drive to control society and the natural environment.
- Author BiographyTim Di Muzio is senior lecturer in international relations and political economy at the University of Wollongong in Australia. He currently edits the journal Review of Capital as Power.
- Author(s)Tim Di Muzio
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine138 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.