All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe 100 Greatest Olympians and Paralympians celebrates the mighty achievements of 100 elite athletes from across the full range of Olympics and Paralympics disciplines. The Olympic Games is the most spectacular sporting event on the planet: a 2 and a half week extravaganza involving 205 countries competing in 26 sports under the animated gaze of two-thirds of the world's population. Sporting competition does t get any tougher than this. The 100 Greatest Olympians and Paralympians is a celebration of those who have t only reached the pinnacle of their respective sports, but whose feats mean their names will forever be inscribed in Olympic Games' lore. From the early superstars, such as Al Kraenzlein, who won four individual gold medals at Paris in 1900, to the Olympics' 21st-century headline-makers, such as Usain Bolt, who shattered the 100m world record in Beijing, this book recalls some of the greatest athletes who have ever lived. Each biography t only details the outstanding achievements of the athlete during the Games, but also records their magnificent careers. Lavishly illustrated, The 100 Greatest Olympians and Paralympians is a book for all true sports fans to treasure.
- Author BiographyNick Callow is a highly respected sports journalist, who has reported on virtually every major sport around the world during a career spanning more than 20 years. He has contributed to books on many sports and written for most of Britain's national newspapers, including The Observer, The Independent, and The Independent on Sunday. He is now joint Managing Director and Editorial Director of the world-renowned Hayters Teamwork Sports Agency based in London.
- Author(s)Nick Callow
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content Noteillustrations, some colour
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Foreword bySeb Coe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.