All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 11th Missouri Infantry distinguished itself as just the type of regiment the Union needed in the Civil War. Hard as nails and loyal to a fault, the men of the Eagle Brigade would follow their commanders into hell if they ordered. They battled two Confederate regiments at Iuka, turned the tide at Battery Robinett at Corinth, assaulted the impossible Stockade Redan at Vicksburg as whole ranks of soldiers were cut down, and broke Hood's line at Nashville. Although the 11th Missouri ranks among the 300 top regiments of the Civil War, little of its history has been formally recorded. This study provides a detailed account of the regiment's four-and-a-half years of outstanding service and a roster.
- Author BiographyDennis W. Belcher has edited or authored five previous books on the Civil War and has published in the North & South magazine, and made many presentations on aspects of the Civil War. He lives in Jefferson City, Missouri.
- Author(s)Dennis W. Belcher
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight614 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.