All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.29
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionOver time, the stock market creates great wealth for investors. And yet, most investors do t become wealthy by investing in the stock market, instead having experiences that range from inadequate to disastrous.So why the disconnect?The answer is found in a set of widely held, mistaken beliefs about what it takes to be a successful investor. At first glance, these investment myths seem grounded in logic. In reality, though, these beliefs provide investors with perfect blueprints for investment failure by encouraging in them an emotion-driven, trading-intensive mentality. These myths are propagated by Wall Street, which reaps huge profits from this behavior and by the financial media that is starving for sensationalistic content.As an independent investment advisor, Jack Calhoun has spent much of the past 15 years educating investors about the dangers of these mistaken ideas. In (i)The 12 Investment Myths(/i), he explores and debunks these myths one-by-one and in the process sets investors on a path to harness the tremendous wealth-creation machine that is the stock market.
- Author BiographyJack J. Calhoun, Jr. is the Managing Principal of Capital Directions, LLC, one of Atlanta's largest independent investment advisory firms. He has written extensively on the fundamentals of investment success (featured in The Wall street Journal, Investor's Business Daily, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, etc.) and is a frequent speaker on investment-related topics to professional associations and investment clubs.
- Author(s)Jack J. Jr. Calhoun
- PublisherRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Weight362 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.