All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $71.12Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionThis was the Civil War soldier's and NCO's how-to guide to military duties in garrison and in the field. It covers of all ranks and services: infantry, cavalry, artillery, ordnance, quartermaster, signal, saddlers, hospital stewards, cooks, bands, as well as spies, pickets, expressmen, special forces. There is much quaint yet practical advice on survival, cooking and nutrition, pay, punishment, prisoners of war, and many long-extinct soldier skills. It contains the Articles of War used during the Civil War.
- Author BiographyAugust Kautz (1826-1896) was a captain in the Sixth U.S. Cavalry and a brigadier general of U.S. volunteers during the Civil War. He is the author of several other military handbooks.
- Author(s)August V. Kautz
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMilitary Classic
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Note4 b/w drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width78 mm
- Height128 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.