All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book tells the story of the 1928 New York Yankees, who won the World Series and fell just short of surpassing the record accomplishments of the 1927 Yankees. Many players from that 1927 Murderers' Row team were still there, including Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Bob Meusel, Earle Combs, Mark Koenig, and Tony Lazzeri. In spite of holding a commanding fourteen game edge over the second place Philadelphia Athletics midway through the season, the Yankees saw their lead disappear with just three weeks remaining. Manager Miller Huggins pulled together his patchwork pitching staff and banged-up regulars and reserves to mount a nail-biting fight to the finish. Highlighted by numerous images of the key players for the Yankees, this detailed and thoroughly researched book provides an intimate look into a season to remember.
- Author BiographyCharlie Gentile is a business analyst, a lifelong Yankee fan, and a member of the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR).
- Author(s)Charlie Gentile
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2014
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note13 black & white halftones, 10 tables
- Weight621 g
- Width161 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine28 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.