All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.77Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $72.01
- AU $23.62Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.59
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $53.98
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $41.07
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised in full-color, Fashions of a Decade: The 1930s examines the role of fashion as it made its way through the Great Depression, exploring the social and cultural aspects of history through a softer lens. Cheaper fabrics that imitated luxury items such as nylon and artificial silks became popular, along with clothing that featured a more muted palette and longer, more flowing lines. Such Hollywood icons as Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers set the mood for idealized glamour, as did the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, as they pushed the bounds of fashion to a newer height, changing history forever.
- Author(s)Maria Costantino
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2007
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleFashions of a Decade S.
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byKathy Elgin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.