All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1960s, kwn as the 'Swinging Sixties', are recognised as a landmark decade both by those who lived through them and those who look back in awe at the revolutionary changes in fashion, style and sexual freedom. Continuing interest and appreciation of vintage fashion mean that 1960s styles, hair and make-up have seen a huge increase in popularity and the need for detailed information on this period has never been so great. The 'Swinging Sixties' saw young designers such as Mary Quant producing exciting new clothes modelled by the likes of Jean Shrimpton and Twiggy. New clothing styles were created - like the miniskirt - and new materials came to prominence including PVC and Perspex. But achieving the '1960s Look' is t just about the clothing but also the hairstyles, make-up, shoes, and many other accessories, all of which Mike Brown covers in detail. Using contemporary sources, photographs and meticulous research 'The 1960s Look' walks you through the decade telling you how men, women and children dressed - and why they looked the way they did. Lavishly illustrated throughout this book takes you back to a decade of fab miniskirts, groovy Beatles' jackets, swinging Edwardian military uniforms, Mods in parkas and Rockers in leathers, plus the hairstyles, jewellery, make-up, and so much else that went to make up 'the 1960s look'.
- Author BiographyMike Brown was Head of History in a London School and is an author, broadcaster and authority on the fashions of the forties and fifties. He is the author of 'The 1940s Look', 'The 1950s Look' (Sabrestorm) and has to date written many books on wartime Britain. Mike lives in South London and having retired from teaching now works full-time writing, giving talks and doing research.
- PublisherSabrestorm Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationKent
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSabrestorm Publishing
- Content Notemany photographs, colour throughout
- Weight839 g
- Width229 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.