The 1960s' Most Wanted: The Top 10 Book of Hip Happenings, Swinging Sounds, and Out-of-sight Oddities by Stuart Shea (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.00+ AU $1.00 postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by manyhills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1960s was a decade of contrasts. It had the Summer of Love, but it also witnessed the assassinations of three American leaders. It fulfilled President Kennedy's promise of successfully landing a man on the moon but also saw the beginning of the ultimately disastrous Vietnam War. It gave us beach tunes on one end, psychedelic songs to trip to on the other, and in between heralded the British Invasion. Now you can look back on and celebrate all the events and fads from the 1960s with Stuart Shea's trivia-laden The 1960s' Most Wanted: The Top 10 Book of Hip Happenings, Swinging Sounds, and Out-of-Sight Oddities from Potomac's Most Wanted- series. Lucky Charms cereal was introduced in 1964 with more than fifty percent sugar, the first cereal to pass the halfway point in sugar content. In 1967, Louis Washkansky was the recipient of the first-ever heart transplant. In 1961, the entire U.S. Olympic figure skating team was killed in an airplane crash in Belgium. And in 1965, with the w-classic songs Turn, Turn, Turn, Satisfaction, My Girl, and Yesterday debuting on the airwaves, the Grammy for best rock-and-roll recording instead went to Roger Miller's King of the Road ! Stuart Shea gives you dozens of top-ten lists with entertaining and remarkable trivia on historic events, political revolutionaries, great moments in space, forgotten but once-popular television shows, fashion breakthroughs, great sports stories, and the best and worst of the silver screen. It's been said that if you remember the 1960s, you didn't live through them. Whether you lived through them or t, you can remember them in style with The 1960s' Most Wanted.
- Author BiographyStuart Shea is the author of Rock & Roll's Most Wanted: The Top 10 Book of Lame Lyrics, Egregious Egos, and Other Oddities (Brassey's, Inc., 2002) and Wrigley Field (Brassey's, Inc, 2004). He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Stuart Shea
- PublisherPotomac Books Inc
- Date of Publication20/03/2006
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleMost Wanted
- Place of PublicationDulles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrassey's US
- Content Note25 illustrations, maps
- Weight272 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.