All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA picture says more than a thousand words and this is a decade-by-decade resume of the twentieth century featuring the work of the greatest cartoonists of their time. This book summarizes the major events of the century, which saw the sinking of the Titanic, the First World War, Prohibition, the Depression, the rise of the automobile and cinema, the Second World War, the nuclear bomb, civil rights, the space race, Cherbyl, and a host of other events, all captured in cartoon form to provide a vivid history as it happened. Features the work of the greatest cartoonists of the twentieth century, from Clifford Berryman, Bernard Partridge, and Ed Valtman, through D.R. Fitzpatrick and Leslie Illingworth to David Low and Ray Lowrie. This book t only tells you the story of the twentieth century, but is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. You are in the hands of expert artists as their work guides you around their life and times. A fresh take on history with over 200 cartoons of the highest standard.
- Author BiographyEditor Tony Husband has drawn cartoons for many leading publications, including Private Eye, The Spectator, The Times, and Punch. He has been fascinated by the history of cartoons ever since he picked up his first copy of Punch in the 1960s. Since then, he has won more than fifteen major awards, including the prestigious Pont Award.
- Author(s)Tony Husband
- PublisherArcturus Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/11/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width189 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.